Thursday, October 8, 2015

Attack the Shooter!

Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say “Hey guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me but he can’t get us all.”

That was Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson’s response to the recent mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon. Carson later said that he wasn’t criticizing the victims. He just wanted to plant the seed for the next time the situation occurs.

I cannot criticize Dr. Carson for politicizing the Roseburg shooting because I believe that the political atmosphere that allows for 294 mass shootings in the past 274 days should be politicized.

Dr. Carson is just doing his civic duty to prepare us for what he sees as the inevitable next mass shooting.

In that spirit of civic duty I offer this advice to all parents.

Before you put your child on the school bus don’t forget to plant the seed.

“Attack the shooter!”

No comments:

Post a Comment