Thursday, March 5, 2015

I'm Tired Of Hillary Rodham Clinton

I’m tired!

It is twenty months until the 2016 election. Hillary Rodham Clinton has yet to announce her inevitable candidacy…and I am already tired of Hillary Rodham Clinton.

For the past 36 hours I have watched and listened to the firestorm over Hillary Clinton’s emails, and my reaction is that I just don’t want to deal with this anymore.

Secretary Clinton made the conscious decision to defy federal and White House regulations when she elected to exclusively use personal email accounts to conduct government business.

Secretary Clinton made the conscious decision to defy federal and White House regulations when she elected to secure those emails on a server in her home rather than the requisite servers at the State Department.

When she was asked by the State Department to turn over those emails so that they could be properly archived; Mrs. Clinton made the conscious decision to defy the directive and turn over some but not all of the communications.

When the media began to question her actions she tried to deflect their attention to the activities of her predecessors.

When the media scrutiny grew even more intense she went on the offensive; releasing a statement designed to obfuscate while appearing transparent. “I told the State Department to release all of my emails. I want people to see them.” Of course the State Department could not release all of her emails because she had only released a portion of them.

The Clinton’s make their living in the public eye but they live in a private bubble. They have become so isolated from those they profess to serve that I often wonder what version of reality they are watching. For the past 30 years I have watched the Clinton’s play the game by their own set of rules. I have watched them obfuscate, bend, deflect and stretch the truth to suit their own agenda. I have watched them parse reality to the point of absurdity: “It depends on what the mean of the word “is” is.” And now I see it starting all over again.

Watching the Clinton camp spin this latest controversy brings it all back once more. I am not surprised by it.

I’m just tired of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment