Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this national day of giving thanks I have much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my family and friends. Your love and support throughout this journey means more to me than you will ever know.

I am thankful for like minded people who share my world view. You have let me know that my words have meaning. Your support allows me the great comfort of knowing that I’m not crazy.

I am thankful for my detractors. You keep me grounded… forever reminding me that while I am always entitled to my own opinion I am never entitled to my own facts. You make me a better writer.

I am thankful for those of you who have made this space part of your daily routine. And I am thankful for those of you who only stop by for an occasional visit. You have given me the most priceless gift any one person can bestow upon another…your time. For that I am eternally grateful.

Last but not least I am thankful for John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker and all the politicians, world leaders, talking heads and media darlings that populate the political landscape. Your antics have provided a wealth of material that knows no bounds. Thanks to you “writers’ block” has never been an issue. I am particularly thankful for the politicians and political operatives who dwell in the far reaches of ideological reality. It is my fervent hope that you will continue to prosper in your alternate universe; crafting your world view in a windowless room…talking points scripted in a crack induced haze. For without you this space would not exit.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment