Thursday, March 29, 2012

Romney's "Gaffs" Provide Windows Into The Soul

“I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.”
“I’m not concerned about the very poor….we have a safety net there.”
“Corporations are “people” my friend…of course they are.”
“I should tell my story…I’m also unemployed.”
“There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”
“I get speakers fees from time to time…but not very much.” ($360,000)
“I have some friends who are NASCAR team owners.”
“My wife Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs.”
“I’m going to tell you a humorous story…”(that centered around his dad closing a factory in Michigan.)
Thus saeth presidential candidate, Mitt Romney.
There comes a point in time when a person’s misstatements can no longer be dismissed as “gaffs”. When repeated with regularity they provide an unfiltered view of the individual’s true self.  Mitt Romney has reached that point.
A recent CNN opinion poll has Romney’s favorability ratings at 37% while his unfavorable ratings have spiked to 49%.  The more people get to know the true Romney the less they like him.  Romney is out of touch with the plight of most Americans.  His constant “misstatements” make that clear. 
The spike in Romney’s “unfavorables” does not bode well for his election prospects.  His “gaffs” are killing his campaign.
Note to Romney: hiring a personal lobbyist to shepherd the construction of your 11,000 square foot mansion (that includes a car elevator)…in the tawny hills of La Jolla…in the middle of a recession…while you are running for President…doesn’t really help matters.    



No comments:

Post a Comment